My favorite subject in high school was "Literature and Identity", I took it in senior year and the teacher's name was Ms. Cecilia Pérez.
The subject was mainly about how the literature from different times always is connected somehow to reality and how the society works and how sometimes that reality isn't always the one that is written or placed the book, sometimes books are ahead of time like Orwell's 1984.
The way worked in class was we were given a book to read every mont to read at home and in classes we connected with a subject or issue that affect our way of living, like feminism, capitalism, consumerism, etc. And with other authors related to the main subject of the book.
Even though i love architecture the real job that would make me happy is acting, i really enjoy when i'm on stage performing with the lights on my face, and pretending to be someone completely different and sharing a story hoping that someone in the audience can relate to. This dream started since I was a kid, because my grandfather loved cinema and he used to wait for the credits and watch it till my name was on screen, since my name is very common in USA and also because I was named after a famous actor I remember he always told that someday my name will be on the screen, so I always had that in mind, even that I still can get my name on the screen, but I do still acting in the theater, wich is more organic and methodical that movies, I been on different acting classes since I was 17 years old (i'm 21 now), i been in different plays and it's really comforting because all my friends and family are very supportive, they always show up in every play without being asked. But...
I once knew a woman named Cecilia Perez but she was far away to know how the society works... lol
ResponderEliminar